There are no words to describe how delicious this Zucchini Pie is!
(Recipe shared with me by Lisa Rainey, years ago.)
- 4 cups zucchini, thin slices
- 1 cup coarse chopped onion
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 med. tomatoes chopped & drained (I use sun-dried tomatoes, chopped 1/2 cup)
- 2 Tsp fresh parsley or 1 Tsp dried parsley
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic(minced or pressed)
- 1 tsp dried or fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp finely chopped basil (or dried)
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 10 ozs. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Saute zucchini & onion in large skillet until tender (& water cooked out)- ~10 minutes. Shortcut: I steam the zucchini and onion together (eliminating the olive oil and saute pan!).
- Stir in salt, garlic, oregano, parsley, pepper, & basil; cook one more minute. Add tomatoes.
- In large bowl, blend eggs & cheese; stir into veggie mixture ( I add a little feta cheese to mine for extra flavor, usually sprinkled on top after cooking for ~ 14-15 minutes). “Because everything’s betta with Feta!”
- Coat pie pan w/nonstick cooking spray; pour mixture into pie pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes (or until knife test comes out clean). Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Very important to be done, so it comes from dish easily.
- Makes 6 servings.