I love soup! Nothing says “home” like a pot of soup simmering on the stovetop. This is delicious and can be made at the last minute! Bon Appetit!
White Bean Soup with Kale
- 1 lb kale
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth or veggie broth
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried Thyme leaves
- 1 – 15.5 oz can Cannellini beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1 – 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Remove & discard stems from kale, coarsely chop leaves to equal six cups. Wash well in cold water, drain and set aside.
- Heat EVOO in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery, and garlic; saute 5 minutes or until veggies begin to soften.
- Add kale, broth and next 7 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until veggies are done to your liking.
- Stir in pepper.