Several weeks ago whenever I opened my email there were at least three or four emails encouraging me to buy the “bundle”. Now, for some of you that won’t make a lick of sense and for others you will know exactly what it is. I suppose this epistle is to those who know and for those that don’t? Apply the message as you see applicable!
First and foremost and I am writing this in big letters…
You are enough.
Whether with the bundle or without it. Do you really need OMT (one more thing) on your to-do list? I find irony in this: We complain about having so much to do, so much to read, so much to write and not enough hours in the day and then we fork out $29.95 to buy more things to do, more things to read, and more things to write.
Does that even make sense?
You are enough.
As an empty-nest grandmother I am in a position to 1. afford the bundle; 2. have time to do the bundle. But, you see this word the Lord gave me at the end of 2016 to dwell and meditate on in 2017 is showing me just how the ordinary flow of the every day is SUFFICIENT. Because He is!
You are enough because HE IS.
I want to share a few ‘things’ God had me write down about three weeks ago when He began etching these words in my heart. Apply where needed:
- People crave less to do and willingly procure/purchase/borrow MORE to-do’s.
- Do not willingly take on more when it is less you desire.
- Do not procure/purchase/borrow out of guilt or pressure. “So and so says I need this.” You probably don’t.
- Do not add water to your already drowning-in-responsibility to-do list.
- God does not care how many e-courses you take. He cares about your relationship with HIM.
- God does not care how many books you have read. He cares about how you are stewarding the people and things HE HAS GIVEN YOU.
- We don’t need more self-help; we need more God-Help.
- Have a spare FIVE minutes? Read one scripture card. Talk to the Lord, intentionally, for the remaining time. Set a timer. Tell the kids Mommy is reviving herself. Be like Susan Wesley and pull the apron (or long shirt) up over your head and tell those around you “you are in the closet of your soul.” Practice SOUL-CARE.
- Striving tends to create more strife and less life.
- YOU ARE ENOUGH.
You really are because HE IS.
This week I’ll be linking up with Inspire Me Monday, Testimony Tuesday, Tell His Story, Tea and Word, Porch Stories, Coffee for Your Heart, Tune In Thursday, Dance With Jesus, Fresh Market Friday, and Glimpses of His Beauty.