The very first thing I learned this month is if I had blinked twice, I would have missed it! Did September blur by for you as well? My goodness, it was like 1-2-3 and it’s gone. Another lesson I learned and I’m still learning as I type? Too much rain and gray sky makes this woman slummmmp. Lord, I need sunshine! Okay, now for the list! But first, I’m linking up with Emily P. Freeman today because she’s the one that got me started on this “what I learned” thing!
What I Learned (& did) in September
- September 1st can be wiggy in the mountains – the heat went on in the morning and by the end of the day it was hot!
- Meeting a BFF for supper, spontaneously, is just what a soul needs! Thank you, Karen.
- It is never too late, nor is someone ever too old to start a new career – my hubs began working for a company back in March and it has been a HUGE ble$$ing to us. Thank You, Jesus!
- It is better to bless than be blessed – YES IT IS!
- I still get giddy to re-dress a room. Our bedroom got new drapes, rugs, and comforter. TRUE LOVE!
- I love our organic, grass-fed beef suppliers! They actually will do a “meet-up” and “drop-off” of an order. Thank you Keith & Teresa!
- Labor Day weekend without a plan or an agenda can be great fun!
- Is there anything better than a river baptism? Yes, when it’s three kids under the age of 10 dedicating their lives to Christ. Yes, Lord!
- Having a Christ-dedicated coffeehouse/cafe in our own little town of Jefferson! Thank you, Samara & Steve!
- Friends for dinner! Ali & Garo!
- Life Group! Jana & Dave; Fran & Glenn!
- The memory of 9.11 still hurts.
- Beth Moore Simulcast with 35 awesome women and husbands cooking and serving lunch! What? Thank you, Arna & Dale!
- Embarrassing your friends at the Mexican restaurant – huge sombreros and happy anniversary song and fried ice cream – a la Mexicana!!! ¡Sí Señor!
- A weekend trip to Pigeon Forge to see friends Kathy & Curt could produce one of the most holy, anointed, moments (hours) of God’s glory and presence on Miracle Mountain the home of Ruth and Debbie and Mark. Oh my…I haven’t even been able to write about this yet.
- There is a lake, a huge body of water in Tennessee that I had never seen before. #roadtripsights
- That Monarch butterflies bring such joy to our yard!
- I am so happy that
yardworkhardwork is almost over! #iworktoohard
- Taking walks this time of year and picking up shiny buckeye’s and branches of trees and wild ferns is like good medicine!
- Looking back and being glad that our (probably) last dinner on the porch was momentous!
- I learned that I can sing “happy birthday” to my ex-husband and mean it and all the while pray for his salvation. Please, Lord.
- I learned that 6 consecutive days of rain can dampen one’s spirit – oh yeah, I think I mentioned that already! Am I right, Holly?
Coming in October to Hope|Heart|Home
I have begun writing, and people? There is so much RICHNESS in this book of Proverbs, I am getting excited to share with you. We are calling the class WISDOM 101! Sign up for it (not really) just be sure to check in to hopehearthome.com every day in October for a jewel or three! Wisdom, knowledge, discernment, understanding – who doesn’t need more of those? xo
Linking up with: