Emily P. Freeman does this linkup every month and it helps me to look back at the month and remember! That may sound silly but sometimes one can get to the beginning of a new month and say where did “blank” just go? I learned a few things in October, here we go! And, a fun “aside” – I met Emily, Myquillyn, and their dad, Gary, at Allume!
- October 1 began with a whirlwind of writing, #write31days. Emily’s sister, Myquillyn, began this writing challenge several years ago – almost two thousand bloggers write every single day on one topic of their choice for the 31 days of October. It is wild and crazy! What did I learn? The challenge kicked my behind this time as we had a calendar booked with October activities! But write I did and there will be a new book available by December 1, 31 Days in Proverbs / Wisdom 101. It will be in softcover and ebook. Stay tuned!
- ALLUME. My first bloggers conference. It was big! Logan Wolfram and her team know how to put on the Ritz of conferences! Great hotel in lovely downtown Greenville SC, excellent speakers, anointed praise and worship, interesting and informative breakout sessions, vendor booths, Starbucks coffee lounge, delicious meals and delightful servers (Diane anyone?). I got to meet IRL (in real life) many faces that were just gravatars prior to Allume! What did I learn?
- When 400+ Jesus followers take over a hotel lobby – it is sheer bliss!
- I loathe smile/photo booths and Mary Geisen loves them!
- One can recognize a face from a one-inch by one-inch square.
- I remembered I don’t like Starbucks coffee.
- Downtown Greenville is a beautiful city and I would like to go back with my daughter for a girls’ weekend!
- I’m not sure I would re-attend such a large conference.
- I believe the over-50 blogger may need their own conference opportunity. (I do not say this with negativity or a sour attitude – it is an observation.)
- As much as I don’t like exercise, I feel better when I am actively engaged in a daily routine. Thank you, Teresa Tapp!
- Cousins are a kid’s first real friends – and my hubs and I traveled to Western Myrtle Beach to spend the afternoon with his cousins. They traveled from Maryland, Georgia and Florida and the day was spent laughing, reminiscing, and eating some delicious food! Thanks Frannie and Holly!
- Planning a gathering of 12 people after a hectic month is somewhat ambitious! But, I’m so glad I did and it was a great evening of food, fun, and fellowship as we closed out the month of October!
Since I had a life-changing birthday in October I celebrated with some new, updated head shots at ALLUME, by Kim DeLoach Photography!