I’m not even sure I learned one.single.thing. in May.
A lot of things happened in May – I just don’t think any of those happenings taught me anything. But, because I am committed to this exercise, I am getting my planner out and going through the month to double-check. If this gets lengthy, I’m sorry but it’s really more for me than you!!! You know, #documentyourdays – that sort of thing. Several of us gather over at Emily Freeman’s and share what we’ve learned!
- Politics are not my friend. I have anger issues. I have strong opinions. I can’t just “let it go.” BUT, I have. I had to.
- Hope can be stirred anew. I watched the National Day of Prayer from Washington D.C. – it was better than church.
- God brings people into our lives, sometimes for such a brief visit, and without really knowing them well? Miss them.
- I have a new fondness for owls after watching a pair of Great Horned Owls lay eggs, brood, hatch, and grow into full-grown owls and branch and then fly away. I like owls now, except for barn owls – they look weird and evil.
- May was girlfriend lunch day. I did re-learn that I don’t want to do life without those three!
- May can be cold. As in sweaters and heat. YUCK.
- THE MESSAGE – I haven’t mentioned it lately, but it is my favorite translation ever.
- Losing a family member is never easy even after an extended illness. I know Leo is resting in peace because HE KNEW THE PEACE-GIVER.
- Our home can be offered up as a house of hope to a friend I downloaded from the Internet.
- I LOVE FICTION. Good. Clean. Fiction.
- Our youngest grandchild (we only have two) entered teen-hood. I realized I will be in my 70’s when he is 20. I could have made it through the whole year without learning THAT!!!
- The next best thing to my WorX string-trimmer? My WorX blower – oh my word – no more sweeping the porches or pathway – just charge up the battery and blow!!! LOVE!
- And, in case YOU are wondering how my 2016 discipline of DISCIPLINE: Read|Pray|Move is going? I am still going strong. #diligence #obedience #doingit