Emily P. Freeman will be posting her What I Learned linkup any day now, so I’m getting a headstart! I like the practice of writing this post – it causes me to pause and review my month, which is a good thing in this crazy, fast-paced world.
March isn’t one of my favorite months. When we lived in Florida, I loathed March because of the smoke-filled winds that came from the western part of the state as they burned the sugar cane fields – it would give me awful headaches. The worst snow we’ve ever had in NC came on March 15, 1993. It’s a month of teasing – daffodils bloom, tulips push up through the dirt, bluebirds begin nesting and yet here in the mountains it’s still so dang cold and the heat remains on!
March, in all fairness, has many good things too! My mom was born on March 7, 1926. My sweet niece, Debra Who was born on March 15. Daffodil yellow! And, oft times, Resurrection season is at the end of it!
In my quest to redeem March, here are a few pics from March-past!
March 2009 – Ink! (It looks worse than it was!)
March 2010 – Simon snowboarding! (he’s missing some front teeth!)
Book Club – March 2010
March 2011 Hannah & Simon Snipers?
March 2014 Sunrise over Palm Beach (Brian Hazeltine Photography)
March 2015 from our backdoor
What have I learned March 2016?
- After knowing someone for 20 years you learn something she had never shared with you! Kitty, thank you for telling me the “Robert story!”
- Laundromats are very expensive. $12 to wash one comforter?
- Downton Abbey – goodbye, I will miss you so…
- One $10 bouquet from the grocery store can boost your mood and instantly bring spring into the house! (Two dollars less than washing a comforter!!!)
- One $20 gift can rock someone’s world.
- The perfect bed pillow does NOT exist – my search continues.
- Don’t think you’ll get your Keurig deep-cleaned in 15 minutes; it takes at least an hour to flush out the vinegar.
- I seriously do not like Daylight Savings Time!
- Never take your grandkids to a vegan restaurant for lunch. $82 I could have saved!
- I’m still good at solo road trips, and, yes, I did use Ms Garmon!
Pretty non-descript month for me – how about you?
What did you learn in March?
All linked up with wonderful friends in the sidebar!