Time to get rid of some stuff and maybe bring in something new! A time to look forward and not back.
This will be the year I …
This year we will go …
I want to see so and so this year…
A time to dream and wile away a bit of time. This month my acupuncturist told me “I was a mess.” Totally imbalanced and in need of some adjusting!!! She told me I was resisting my body’s urge, desire, and need to hibernate – so after about a gazillion needles, I left the session feeling like a million bucks! And, ten days later I still feel like a million bucks. AND, I am allowing myself to hibernate and rest.
That hibernating and resting does involve working my day job (from home) and writing (40 Days of Lent) – but I’m going slow and deliberate. Every thing I am doing is mindful and intentional. I am practicing self-care!
All of that said, did I learn anything this month? Did I do anything this month? I must get out my journal and take a look – I took a few pictures and we will begin with them! One thing that HAPPENED and I cannot believe I don’t have a picture! Who took pictures, fam? Hannah left the teen’s and celebrated her 20th birthday! How can it be?
- Our three-year old Keurig croaked. Out came the French Press and we enjoyed some of the best coffee ever! I called Keurig customer service and went through a couple of service reps and ended up getting a brand new Keurig. Customer Care Par Excellence!
- My morning ritual includes a good book and a good cuppa coffee – and of course, in a HOPE mug. #hopechangeseverything
- We purchased an electric fireplace on Amazon. Our dining room wood is oak and this piece of furniture was not a disappointment. Solid wood. A good price. I have a mantle. Sam has another heat source to place his doggy bed in front of.
- Logan Wolfram’s book Curious Faith came out a year ago – but I’m just getting around to reading it. It is very good. Recommended.
- It snowed. 7 inches. Honestly? I never measure it but it seems on Facebook there is always a challenge. How much snow did YOU get? We got such and such. It’s sort of like fishing tales. I think the more the snow or the bigger the fish wins the prize. But what IS the prize? If you figure that out? Let me know.
- Hannah and Simon came up for some Mimz & Gpa time (actually this was the end of December) we all had colds, sniffles, and snot but we drank lots of tea with lemon, watched movies, played dominoes and had the best time. It even snowed 4 inches one day. #ourgrandsarethebest
- I’m writing. Neck deep in the Gospels. The 40 Days of Lent. Soon to be released for your Lent 2017 Convictions!!!
- Baked Oatmeal with blueberries. Yum-o. Recipe here.
- Simon at the domino challenge!!! We play Mexican train. Here he is enjoying hot chocolate with way too much whipped cream!
10. Julius came to live with us at Christmas – he will have a special place on the front porch come spring.
11. We are Whovian proud. We welcome the New Year in a Tardis!!! (Hubs FAVORITE show EVER, Dr. Who.)
12. During our blizzard, hubs worked a thousand piece puzzle. After 34 years with this man, I learned he loves puzzles. Go figure.
13. I was completely blown away with this cast iron 7″ skillet by Martin. 21 years ago I downloaded a friend from a coffeeroom on the Internet, Kathy. She and husband Curt live in Indiana. Through them I uploaded the Martin’s of Pigeon Forge! The Martin’s lost every single personal item, including vehicles, home, outbuildings, tiny house, in the Gatlinburg fires. Kathy and Curt were there for Christmas and wandered through the rubble and ashes and found three cast iron skillets that survived the destruction. Kathy got permission from the Martin’s to give me one of those skillets. Curt took them home to Indiana where he sanded, cleaned, and seasoned them to new life. I was humbled by this gift of love and goodness in a way that is hard for me to explain. Now, the question is – do I cook in it? I believe I will – these items only get better with use. I do know for sure, I will think of my friends whenever I see it and use it! [Day 30 TRUTH, in my book, 31 Days in Proverbs, tells the story of meeting the Martin’s!]
14. In the watching department? Victoria on PBS Masterpiece, love it. We watched the movie Sully and liked it a lot.
15. In the reading department? I am really enjoying The Red Sea Rules by Robert J. Morgan – this little book would make excellent gifts for someone struggling OR thriving!
16. My #oneword2017 SUFFICIENT, is proving quite … hmm … well … sufficiently chosen. 😉
17. I cleaned out the vegetable bin and found Mr and Mrs Potato Head. May they rest in peace.
That’s a wrap on my January.
How was yours? Do tell.
Leave a comment – I have two things to give away! One: a $30 off coupon from Blue Apron; Two: A beautiful binder, with pages and tabs for your prayer journaling this year. I’ll draw two names on Sunday the 29th!
PS. There are affiliate links in this post.
PPS. I’m linked up with all of those folks in the sidebar!