August was a busy month and I definitely learned a thing or two. I am going to use words and pictures to share the highlights!
- I like Facebook for many reasons and one of them is its ability to make me laugh! Oh my goodness there are some funny things on there. Late July/early August there was a “thing” going around in support of marriage. One was to post seven photos of you and your spouse and then “tag” someone to do the same. I kept seeing all these great posts and pictures and thought, “Is anyone ever going to tag me?” LOL! In the purest of fun mode, I decided to post my own photo of me and hubs! Lesson learned? Don’t wait to be invited – crash the party!!!
- Being an acronym nerd I wrote one down in my journal. I do not do selfie’s and I jokingly call my friends who do, narcissists! Selfie’s are for the young. Ready? SELFY = Smile | Enjoy | Life | Forever | Young
- We Biked It & Liked It! The Virginia Creeper Trail, from Whitetop VA down to Damascus VA. A 17-mile trek with this crew! Definitely one of the best memories of Summer 2016. Lesson learned? I can still do it. A little plug for one of my favorite ministries too, SOLE HOPE, and, by the way, all four of us have participated in a shoe party!!!
- Our two grands, Hannah (almost-20) and Simon (13 plus) drove up on a Saturday to give my daughter a kid-break and what a fun time we had. Dinner on the porch. Great Day of Praise at the Lake with our church. And, a few days home without Gpa, which included soft taco buffet and we all pitched in! Lesson learned? I can still make these two laugh!!! And, yes, that is Sriracha sauce in the photo – they like spicy food.
- I learned the secret to using regular coffee in a replaceable k-cup. Grind the coffee to a fine ground before putting in the k-cup. You will use LESS coffee and it will taste better.
- I like new purses with lots of compartments. My daughter’s neighbor and friend, Shirley, is pocketbook-obsessed! Probably not good for her wallet but it’s great for her friends when she cleans out her closet. I was blessed with a purple (yes, purple) Michael Kors handbag with compartments – lots of them. LOVE IT! Thank you, Shirley!
- I have made peace with my unsuccessful search for the perfect pillow. I tried one more – “MY PILLOW” – code yellow. I bought it because my friend who also has pillow issues bought this one and it has saved his life and his neck. 35-minutes into it? I threw it in the chair. Boxed it up the next day and shipped it back. MY PILLOW wasn’t my pillow. I will just stick with my 6.99 stomach-sleeper, standard pillow from IKEA.
- Our youngest had his birthday on August 20th. In people years, he is a couple years behind me – but he sleeps more than I do and his hair is curlier and this pup couldn’t be more loved! And, do you love that pencil sketch of Sam? My good friend does these and, yes, she is for hire!! Yay! Alice!
- Hannah girl went back to Liberty University late August – sophomore year – full class load – full of excitement and ambition and motivation. You Go Girl!
- I had the privilege of being substitute teacher to this AWESOME boy! He is our brainiac – homeschooled since first grade and likes to take a break between classes. I wanted to add Home Ec to his daily regimen the day I made pesto but he wasn’t too thrilled – so instead he did the math to double the recipe – in his head in 4 seconds flat. What a guy!
- August 2016 was a good month. From bikes to beans. Pico to Pesto. Moons to Meditate. Hannah to Simon. Full moon. Full life. We are blessed!
- My one-word 2016 DISCIPLINE: Read-Pray-Move is still going strong and faithful. God is good!
Whew! What a month!
All linked up with the lovelies in the sidebar…
Drum roll please….out of 85 entries – we have a winner!
Sue is a blogger on the West Coast and can be found here, Welcome Heart dot com
Sue wins the beautiful genuine leather Message Bible! She is blessed!