It’s that time of month when I gather my notes and scribbles and try to write something about things learned, new facts found, and general comments on exactly what did I learn? Emily P. Freeman posts a link each month to share our lessons and, honestly, it is a good exercise to stop and think or else months just turn into new months and nothing is documented. I like documentation – if nothing else, it organizes my mind!
What I Learned in April 2016!
- How did I ever get along without a micro glove? Put it on and in no time flat your blinds are clean. Throw the dirty glove in the dryer for cleaning. My new favorite accessory.
- So, last month I cleaned the Keurig with vinegar and rinsed it out for three hours before the vinegar taste was gone. Remember? The slow brewing began soon after and I was growling one morning. Well, hubs told me the reason my coffee trickles out so slowly is because I overfill the k-cup. Okay, okay, he is right some of the time!
- Gluten-free bread can be pretty disgusting but I have finally found a remedy. Udi’s G-free bagels. They are wonderful. Amen.
- David, my new best friend from the Old Testament, as in king David – man, he could pray. He prayed get-real prayers. Whew! read some of the ones he prayed while on the run from king Saul. It will change your prayer life.
- I learned that one of my most favorite ladies from my child and teen hood passed away. Lois C. I will never, ever forget you. And, the sayings I learned from you? Have become family quips. Thank you, Mrs. C, for being a great influence in a young girl’s life. I love you.
- Owls, Ospreys, American Bald Eagles, Condors, Barn Owls, Red-Tailed Hawks, Barred Owls, Albatross – what do they have in common? They all appear on live cams over at Cornell. Oh my – I LOVE WATCHING these amazing creatures. This is what nature dweebs do when they are bored.
- Painting a few doors can change your home’s sidewalk appeal in a weekend! From red to yellow. Feng Shui? Nope!
- I already knew my sister was amazing – she is even more amazinger now!!! (phooey with grammar) – she published her very first chick-novel (for ALL ages!). The Secrets of Holly Hill at Amazon!
- Even grand-dogs needs some pampering, especially when there’s a new “boy” in the house. Bella, shown under blankets in the collage above, was feeling poorly one day. I think she was just ticked because Sam the Second is cute and gets all the attention.
- I learned a new spring blossom – Flowering Quince – I scrumped some branches from an abandoned property. Thank you, Facebook friends, for identifying!
- Something else I already knew but have to include in the photo and here – I have two pretty spectacular grandkids. Hannah and Simon. Simon is about to become a teen and next birthday? Hannah will leave the teens. How did that happen so quickly?
What did you learn in April?
(And, by the way, I get nothing, zero, zip if you buy something on Amazon that I mention here.)