It’s that time of month! I get out my day planner and begin looking at ‘what I did, what I learned, where I went, and who I spent time with.’ And, for some reason you guys love these kinds of review posts because when I look at my viewing stats (and I have a new way to do that, which is so easy and simple that I don’t need to be a statistician to understand it!!!) these posts have the highest number of engaged “lookers.” Yes, we have been reduced to lookers. Ha!
I am grateful for you – you inspire me – you encourage me – and you move me with your comments and engagement here on HopeHeartHome. This online space is a safe place – and even if you don’t comment? You can always email me and share your care; or bear your soul; or sing the blues; or brag on a new baby – in other words, I am reachable and interested in YOUR WORLD. firstname.lastname@example.org is where you contact me!
March has been a “come-down” for me. After a wonderful winter sabbatical road trip with hubs, coming home was like falling into the pit of funkiness. I’m working my way out. Trust me – no need to worry – there are so many other people, truly suffering, to be concerned about me – I will recover and I will be fine.
Are you on Instagram? I believe it’s my new favorite social media venue! It is non-controversial, no politics, not too many “commercials” and it is a thread of good entertainment! Below is my month on Instagram!
If you want to follow me on Instagram, just look for: hopehearthome
Here’s my month in words:
- 40 Days of Lent began. I am actually reading my own book, every day, along with Liz Curtis Higgs’ The Women of Easter, excellent read by my friend Lizzie!
- Girlfriend Day with three awesome friends in a cordwood cabin. It doesn’t get better!
- Hubs & I went to see The Shack. I loved the book. I loved the movie. (Not everyone did!!!)
- I prayed, on my knees, a personal prayer – I prayed it afraid but I prayed it anyway.
- Three years ago I began a writing project for a parents and kids devotional on 52 commands of Christ from the Gospels but the folder was closed and shelved and the Lord, as He often does, said, “NOW.” Yes, Lord. Stay tuned, this is a very ambitious, time-consuming writing project.
- Got to spend a couple weekends with family while Hannah was home on Spring Break. Even got to see Simon’s first baseball game.
- Kathy, my Indiana friend, and I began an early morning prayer call on Thursdays, to pray for our country, the administration, and anything else that deems prayer attention. It is a very good thing.
- It’s been a month of “doing the next thing.” Not always the most exciting or adventurous but putting one foot in front of the other and trusting God for the rest.
- This past Sonday I practiced real Sabbath Rest. My daughter and I got to have a special weekend all to ourselves – we had the best time: we went to an outlet center and got some great deals; we stopped at a Garden Center which had just re-opened their doors for the 2017 season; we went to a big home center’s garden center; we had a fabulous lunch and walked our tiny local mall. We had two sleepovers and the big score of the weekend? We found two Fiddle Leaf Fig trees (we’ve been looking for a year)! Sonday morning when she left I decided to stay home from church and rest. I did and it was awesome. I cozied up in the recliner with about three month’s worth of magazines, flipped pages, cut out articles, read, looked, dreamed and even dozed for a short time! The day went by and I was better for it and I highly recommend!
- God’s sufficiency is rich. He is faithful and generous with His grace – the disciplines of 2016 continue to show up in the weekday boxes of my planner and life is better when I purposely choose to live in the present and just keep doing the next thing. YES, LORD!
How was your March? Do tell…
Next week on Wednesday, April 5th, I am going to announce a fun and special April give-away. You will have all month long to enter your name to be entered into the drawing. I will give you one little hint: it has to do with something I say all the time and it will be in sterling silver and the winner will wear it. NO MORE CLUES! xo
This week I’ll be linking up with Inspire Me Monday, Testimony Tuesday, Tell His Story, Tea and Word, Porch Stories, Coffee for Your Heart, Tune In Thursday, Dance With Jesus, Fresh Market Friday, and Glimpses of His Beauty.