This woman looks the way I feel!
The mornings aren’t as bright and early as they were a month ago, the birdfeeders aren’t as busy, and the hummers have decreased – summertime is waning and that makes me sad! It’s been such a great season. As I stumbled around the kitchen I thought to myself what on earth should I fix for supper? With about as much enthusiasm as a leaf! I grabbed a package of “beef stir fry” meat and will doctor that up tonight and call it dinner! The refrigerator is semi-empty but I think there’s enough to throw something together.
Beef Stir Fry over Rice
- lean beef, cut in strips
- bell peppers: red, green, gold (or whatever you have in the bin!) cut in strips
- onion, cut in strips or chunks
- garlic, minced or chopped
- shallots, because I have two and will dice them
- carrots, peeled and will cut them in thin strips
- 1/2 tsp of Thyme would be good
- Add anything in your crisper bins that sounds good
- First thing I’ll do is get some brown rice in the rice steamer!
- Saute in olive oil all the prepped veggies
- Throw in the beef strips
- Add a splash or two of Bragg’s Aminos (or Worcestershire Sauce, or Soy)
- Add some liquid – I’ll use water, 1/2 to 1 cup
- I’ll semi-thicken it with a mixture of corn starch/water
- Serve over the rice
Of course, you could use chicken, white rice, instead of my choices but since I have no extra motivation and I’m cleaning out the ‘frig – this is going to be supper. Love it or not!
What do YOU fix when you’re just not in the mood? And, don’t say take-out because I don’t have that option where we live!