Around here we eat a lot of easy, no-cook meals in the summer. Thankfully, both hubs and I love salads and we eat our share of them in the summertime. Today, I went into our church cookbook and found one that sounds easy, nutritious, meatless, and pretty inexpensive to fix. Thank you, Vicki!
Black and Red Bean Salad
- Hearts of Romaine lettuce, rough chopped
- 2-3 diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 10 oz can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 10 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups mayo or your choice of
- 2 T catsup
- dash of Tabasco
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Layer the lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, beans, onion, and cheese in a large clear salad bowl.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour dressing over the salad.
- Toss lightly and refrigerate until served.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped Cilantro, if desired.
- Serves 4.
Here’s the printable: