Salads, that is! I love salads all year long but there’s something just plain extra good about a great summer salad – and the taste is in the dressing. I’m going to share my absolute, all-time faves. We never buy store bought dressings – that would be a big no-no in our kitchen! These are simple recipes with readily available ingredients, one is a family secret, but I’m going rogue!
- 1-1/3 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup Tarragon Vinegar or a mild white champagne vinegar
- 2 tsp good salt (we use Pink Himalayan Sea Salt)
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup honey (local is best)
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped NOT minced
Mix, shake well. Do not refrigerate.
Fairly Healthy Honey Mustard
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup honey (or more)
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Rice (or mild) Vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder (not onion salt)
Mix, blend well. Refrigerate but take out one hour before using.
No Name Dressing (on the sweet side)
- one small onion, chopped small
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Whisk all together. This recipe only dresses one large salad, easily doubled or tripled.