And, I really mean it. I love egg salad, GOOD egg salad, and when I came across this simple little recipe in some magazine years ago I knew it was a keeper. Don’t pre-judge and say, “I don’t like capers – because you WILL like capers in this salad.” I am confident!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs. Cooled, peeled, chopped.
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 T capers, chopped
- 1 T fresh dill, chopped (or, 1 tsp dried)
- Whisk together the mayo, lemon zest, lemon juice, s & p.
- Add the roughly chopped eggs into the above, and mix to combine.
- Fold in the onion, capers, and dill.
- Sprinkle with additional dill before serving.
- Serve with pita chips and baguettes OR make a big fat sandwich!!!
Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul. 3 John verse 2
Here’s your printable: