Around here it is still cold and it is still winter. The calendar might indicate Spring is 21 days away but there is snow in the forecast, the heat is on 24/7, sweaters are still the wardrobe choice of the day! And, food has to be comforting and yummy. And, after all, have you ever met a noodle you didn’t love?
Pasta, no question about it, is my go-to comfort food and I have come to love gluten free pasta just as much as the other kind! Today’s recipe comes from the recent issue of Woman’s Day magazine and it does not disappoint!
One Pot Creamy Mac n Cheese (Click on the image below to print the recipe for your binder!)
- 8 ounces of elbow-type macaroni (I use gluten-free)
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into small flowerettes and finely chopped stalks (One bag of frozen cauliflower can be substituted.)
- 1/4 cup milk (I use half & half)
- 6 oz extra-sharp Cheddar, grated or shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 scallions (aka green onions), very thinly sliced
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Bring ONE large pot of water to a boil; cook the pasta according to package directions; add the cauliflower during the final four minutes.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and cauliflower and return to the pot.
- While your pasta is cooking, combine the milk and cheeses in a large heatproof bowl and place over the boiling pasta water. Stir occasionally until cheeses melt. Remove this bowl from the heat and stir in sour cream.
- Now, fold the sauce in the cooked and drained pasta and cauliflower. Fold in the scallions and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Serves about 4.
A tossed green salad would round this meal out perfectly and if you eat bread? Have a warm, crusty, buttered loaf at the ready. And, do me a favor, have a chunk of it for me, a wheat and bread-deprived foodie.
Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul. 3 John verse 2
The wonderful Lenten Season story of Malchus is available FREE this week at Amazon. Please take advantage of the offer HERE and read it to the children in your world – or to yourself and have HOPE restored!