Okay, this is a repeat recipe BUT I thought if I added a printable you’d forgive me! And, also because I love this salad so much I’ve been thinking about it and will make it this week!
Several years ago, on a whim, I entered this recipe into a Better Homes & Garden meatless main meal recipe contest. Knock me over with a spinach leaf – I WON! $250 – no one was as shocked as I was! It’s a great salad that can definitely serve as a main meal – and especially if you are vegetarian-oriented! Here we go.
Quinoa Salad with Mediterranean Flavors
- 3 cups cooked Quinoa (follow package instructions or check here.)
- 1 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped and stems removed
- 1 small red onion, sliced and rough chopped
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese, small chunks or crumbled (I like more than 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced or halved
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup + 2 T olive oil
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup + 1 T red wine vinegar
Place all salad ingredients in large bowl and toss. Dressing: in small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients except the vinegar. Once blended, add the vinegar and whisk briskly. Slowly drizzle over the Quinoa Salad Mix and serve.