Each year our church friends host a traditional Messianic Passover Meal at their home. We go through the entire Passover ritual and we enjoy a wonderful meal together. It is a cherished tradition my hubs and I look forward to. We don’t get to go every year but this Saturday evening we will be going to the home of Greg & Karen and the meal will feature a lovely, delicious roasted leg of lamb from the kitchen of Lew and Alice! They have shared the recipe and instructions on how to make a perfect…Roasted Leg of Lamb and the image below is Lew’s dad’s original recipe card, at least 35 years old!
Lew’s Roast Leg of Lamb
- Thaw the roast the day before preparing.
- On the day of preparing, remove roast from ‘frig to reach “room temperature.”
- a 5-7 pound Domestic leg of lamb (have butcher remove the gland when buying) not sure if this pertains to a roast purchased at a grocery store?
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Hot pepper sauce – several shakes, dashes, squirts – whatever you call that action!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Skin lamb and remove all fat.
- Rub salt all over leg.
- Prick places on the meaty side and insert thin slices of the two garlic cloves.
- Let stand at room temp an hour or two to absorb salt.
- Place bone side down in roasting pan.
- Coat all over with marinade sauce, after salting.
- Place roast in preheated 350 degree oven and roast 30 minutes per pound.
- Just before removing from oven, coat again with the marinade sauce. Make more sauce, if necessary.
- Allow to rest for 30 minutes – place a tent of aluminum foil over the roast.
- Slice, beginning at small end of leg.
Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul. 3 John verse 2
Here’s your printable!