- a bunch of Lacinato Kale, washed, taken off the spine, chopped
- a bunch of Broccolini, washed and trimmed
- Glazed Pecans
- I cheated and used a package of salad add-on’s (in photo)
- Feta Cheese (I added because everything is betta with Feta!)
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T Apple Cider Vinegar or good Balsamic
- 1 1/2 T Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp pure Maple Syrup (not pancake syrup – good grade B maple syrup) (you might want it sweeter)
- S & P coarse ground
- 1 clove garlic, minced OPTIONAL
- Whisk all of this – easily doubled for a bigger salad
- In a big bowl place all the chopped kale.
- Drizzle olive oil over the kale.
- Masticate (fancy word for massage with force with your hands) the kale for one minute.
- Add the chopped broccolini, craisins, glazed pecans, Feta (amounts are up to you!)
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing
- Pour the dressing over the salad
- Toss well – let it sit for a little bit (or not, but I found it even better the next day)
Chick Fil A, thanks for putting the Kale Salad on your healthy menu – I will be making it weekly!!!
Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul. 3 John verse 2
This is a printable – click on it and print the recipe!
Tammy Mashburn says
I can taste the yumminess in this from here!
IT IS GOOD.
That sounds yummy! I have most of the ingredients, too.
You’ll like it
My Blue Apron box has had some awesome salads. I think I’ll love this Kale salad too.
Blue Apron? I haven’t tried that one. I love ePantry.
Sounds delicious and I learned a new term!
Let me guess, masticate? Thanks for coming over, Jo!!!
Sue Donaldson says
glad to find this, susan. my daughter loves kale salad – i’ll send this to her!
My daughter and I have a slight addiction to it!