Kathy’s Pico de Gallo
(This recipe is subject to your own adjustments!)
- 6 cups diced tomatoes (I neither seed nor peel them…..makes things much easier) One of the nice things about this stuff is that you can even make it with those “not so good” store bought tomatoes and come out with a tasty result….of course, it is better with home grown tomatoes).
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 large green pepper (or red or yellow—whatever “sweet” pepper you have), finely diced
- 2 or 3 cloves of finely minced fresh garlic
- 1 or 2 finely diced jalapeño peppers (to your taste)
- ½ c. finely cut fresh cilantro
- ½ c. white vinegar
- Juice of a large lime (or even 2)
- 2 T. sugar (or Splenda or Stevia)…more or less.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours before eating.
You can use it to dip tortilla chips in or any kind of chip you like, you can use celery to dip it with or pork rinds (my low carb favorite) or you can even eat it alone. It’s also good to put on tacos or alongside enchiladas etc.
Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul. 3 John verse 2
Here’s your printable!
And, how cute would these be to serve your Pico de Gallo in? (Affiliate link)