Last week I shared the recipe for The Best Darn Meatballs ever. Did you make them? I did and I also made and froze a batch of little meatballs especially for THIS soup. This is one of the richest soups you’ll ever make in 45 minutes, using canned or boxed broth. You’re going to use FRESH veggies, which is going to make everyone think you slaved over a five-gallon stockpot of homemade broth all day. Right? Who has time for that! Go get your teeny-tiny meatballs made. Here’s the recipe in case you didn’t print it last week.
Italian Wedding Soup
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1 T garlic, minced
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (less if you like less spice)
- 1 bay leaf
- 30 uncooked marble-sized meatballs
- 1 – 15 oz can Canellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups whole spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- Sweat vegetables, ham, and garlic in oil in a stockpot over medium heat until softened.
- Add chicken broth and seasonings; simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Drop meatballs into simmering soup with a small scoop. Cook until the float to the top, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in beans, spinach, and parsley. Cook just until spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Combine eggs and Parm with a fork. Take soup off the heat, stir egg mixture into soup.
- Serve hot with crusty bread and a simple salad dressed with a Vinaigrette.
Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul. 3 John verse 2
Here’s your printable!