Have you ever eaten something new and think to yourself, “Oh my word, I have to make this!” So it was several years ago when we went to a fellowship meal at our church. Shay, one of my most favorite people on earth, made this and I guess there is no other way to put it except I made a pig of myself! A little bit about Shay, because you will want to know her too. Shay is 21 and has lived in America since she was about 3 – her full name is Shay Xin. She was born in China and spent her first several years in a Chinese orphanage, until some friends of friends saw her and notified our friends in Tennessee that they had to come get this little child. The rest is history – and it is a beautiful history of grace, faithfulness, kindness, and compassion. Shay is full of the Spirit of God and I love her from the top of her head to the tips of her tiny feet! We are kindred souls, 44-years apart.
Shay Xin’s Awesome Grape Salad
- 4 lbs seedless green grapes (grapes are one of the “dirty dozen” – I highly recommend buying organic from a reliable source.)
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar (so many ugh’s but do the best you can)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 oz pecans, chopped
- 2 T brown sugar (Sucanat would substitute!)
- Wash and dry grapes. IF NOT organic, please use my make-at-home veggie/fruit spray cleaner, find it here.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, white sugar, and vanilla.
- Add dry grapes and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- 8 servings
Messy Mom says
I love that you added a printable! I am wanting to get into printables myself. That sounds like a great recipe and such a sweet story to go along with it.
Natalie, it is time-consuming to do them but my readers appreciate!!!
This looks it’s super easy to make…and sounds super yummy!