SOUP, that is! This stuff is so good, I could drink it!!! If truth be told, I do, for lunch! Because of all our rain this season, the cucumber patch is prolific. I made an awesome, and I mean best I’ve ever eaten, cucumber salad over the weekend – I got the recipe from Yvonne at Stone Gable and you can download and print it here. Today, I’m drinking water with sliced cucumbers because it’s very good for hydration – and who doesn’t need to be hydrated in this heat!
Cucumber water in my awesome Sole Hope water bottle. Thank you, Mandy!
Cucumber Salad with cukes sliced on a mandolin – SO YUMMY!
Cool Cucumber Soup
- 3 cups plain yogurt
- 1 lb of cucumbers, cut into chunks
- 1 scallion, the white bulb AND green parts, coarsely chopped
- 3 T fresh dill, chopped, plus sprigs for garnish (IF you have to use dried dill, use only 1 tsp)
- S & P
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced OR 3 sliced radishes (for topping)
- 2 tsp good olive oil
- In blender, combine yogurt, cucumber, scallion, and dill. Pulse until pureed.
- Season to taste with S & P
- Ladle into bowls.
- Top each serving with 2 T of diced tomato or a few slices of radish.
- Drizzle with 1/2 tsp olive oil and then garnish with a sprig of dill.
If you are in cucumber overload, you can try this:
xo Bon Appetit!