(Photo from Penzey’s Catalog)
Chopped Greek Salad with Quinoa & Craisins
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cucumber (or two), peeled, seeded if desired, and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes or a bunch of grape tomatoes to equal, chopped
- 1/2 – 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 – 15 oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed really well
- 1 cup COOKED Quinoa
- 1 T dried oregano
- 3 T lemon juice, use actual lemons for the best flavor
- 3 T olive oil
- Optional: 1/2 cup Craisins (love the sweet with the tart!)
- Make the dressing in a small bowl or jar: oregano, s&p, lemon juice, olive oil. WHISK well, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine everything else!
- Drizzle dressing over all, blend well. Let chill and flavors set at least several hours, better overnight.
- Serve with pita bread or on a bed of fresh raw spinach.
This is a great vegetarian meal! The Quinoa is amino/protein packed and totally takes on the flavor of the dressing. This recipe was taken from my Penzey’s Spice catalog; however, I have tweaked it quite a bit!
Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul. 3 John verse 2
Here’s your printable!
***This is a re-post but with a printable – going to be re-visiting several recipes for the next few weeks in order to provide printables!