This is, by far, the most ambitious recipe I’ve ever posted on Tasty Tuesday. It is tedious. It is not cheap to make. But, it is one of the best YUMMO things I have ever eaten. It is gluten-free and non-dairy. The recipe is from Hallelujah Acres and it is beyond delicious. You will most definitely want the printout to take to the store with you because there are several unusual ingredients. This is a SPECIAL DESSERT for a SPECIAL OCCASION!
Gluten Free, Non-Dairy Blueberry Cheesecake
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 3 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked 2 hrs and drained)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup raw, unfiltered honey
- 3/4 cup raw coconut butter
- 1/4 vanilla bean or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Make the crust: Place all crust ingredients except coconut in food processor with an “S” blade and process until crumbly. Sprinkle coconut onto the base of a spring form pan, pie plate, or 8×8 square glass baking dish. Press mix evenly over the coconut to form the crust.
- Prepare the filling: Place all filling ingredients in a powerful blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour onto the crust, tapping to remove air bubbles and be sure pie plate is filled evenly. Cover and place in freezer until firm. When firm, if using a spring-form pan, remove and place on a serving plate before cutting and return to freezer. If a pie plate or glass dish is used, after removing slices/squares, return to freezer in container. Keep covered, remove from freezer and serve.
*I used a spring-form pan and cut into 1″ squares. And, those little pieces were plenty dessert for an adult. A piece of this cheesecake would be lunch! Divine!
Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul. 3 John verse 2
Here’s your printable!