It is tasty Tuesday, after a long and restful Labor Day weekend! Except for an occasional glance at Facebook and emails on my Kindle, I was unplugged! It was really good. Summer is in its final days. Our garden is getting rather scant but there was plenty of basil to “put up” in freezer containers for this…
IF you like pesto, here’s the simplest and most delicious recipe I’ve ever used.
Basil Pesto (recipe easily doubled or tripled)
- 2 cups fresh and clean basil leaves
- 5 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped or minced
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup pine nuts, almonds, or walnuts (I prefer Pineola’s!)
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- S and P
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and process on high speed until evenly chopped and blended.
- Ready to serve over pasta or freeze in freezer containers!