Several months ago my daughter commented to me, “You know so many things that other people need to know – why don’t you have a page on your blog for simple things for the reader’s information.” Hmm. I’ve given that a lot of thought and decided to do just that. This page will be used for FYI kinds of things. Hope you will find them helpful and if you have any comments, additions, questions…post them and I will be happy to share or find out the best solution!
Today, I will begin with, DID YOU KNOW?
- A healthy body needs (daily) 70 grams of protein and 35 grams of fiber?
- A body should maintain a diet that is 70-80% alkaline and 20-30% acidic? (I encourage you to learn your “food properties”.)
- That an upset stomach can be soothed by drinking peppermint tea?
- That a spinach salad with sunflower seeds, raspberries and a drizzle of olive oil can calm your nerves and revitalize your skin?
- That blackberries, raspberries (1/2 cup each day), brown rice (whole grains over refined grains), and 1/4th of an avocado (rich in omega-3s) a few times a week, will help you achieve glowing skin?
- That eating whole-grain cereal can help stabilize your blood sugar levels?
- That eating all-natural, air-popped popcorn can raise your levels of serotonin, which may lift your mood! It’s a feel-good snack!
- That sprinkling 1-2 tablespoons of flaxseed (high in omega-3 fatty acids) into your yogurt or cottage cheese daily may help decrease symptoms of depression?
- That you would have to eat a 46-lb turkey to get enough tryptophan to make you drowsy.
There you go, the first installment of Solution’s – hope you learned something you didn’t know before!!!