Last fall I stopped doing my monthly recap – I’m not quite sure why. Since I love change I decided to change things up a bit and do a quarterly report.
There is a term used in accounting, GAAP, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, referring to standards for financial reporting. A quarterly report reminds me of accounting, taxes, and other unpleasant things!
There is a term I use in life, GAP. Perhaps you’ve heard me refer to it.
God’s GAP will for my life. Comes from the scripture in Romans: Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is Good and Acceptable and Perfect. Romans 12.2 (ESV)
My Quarterly Report for Q1-2018 follows and because I am sensitive to the Lord’s voice and I keep myself connected to Him I believe the report reflects GOOD principles. GAP!
- The weather was fitfully frigid! Cold doesn’t touch it. FREEZING. Water-dripping, under sink cabinet doors left open, heaters full-blast COLD.
- I read a lot! Fiction, my favorite genre.
- I drank tons of tea!
- Hannah and Simon came up the mountain on the 9th – the annual winter trip! THEY are the highlight of January! We cooked. We held a Domino Tourney. We listened to 60’s oldies on Spotify. We drank tea and hot cocoa with whipped cream. TOTAL AWESOMENESS.
And, we took a trip to Liberty University for a hockey weekend AND Hannah’s 21st birthday! A fabulous weekend.
- A month of reg’ler!
- I wrote … A LOT. 31 Days Inside Matthew 6 and The Best of HopeHeartHome
- I prayed … NEVER SAID AMEN! (Simon in new school; Hannah getting through college “gates.”)
- I read … Kate Motaung’s book.
- I helped my friend self-publish her book.
- Went to a Valentine’s Dinner at church friends – wonderful food and fellowship.
- Cancelled our Florida winter trip.
- Begin Lent and David Nasser’s book, A Call To Die.
- Celebrated hubs’ 71st birthday! Took him to a Gem Mine to sluice!
- Billy Graham entered the Gates of Heaven!
- Birthday dinner with Rev and Chic at Suba’s
- Trips to Statesville!
- Planned a trip to China for work.
- Click on any of the book images to be taken to Amazon.
- A lot more praying!
- My son, Mark, came up for weekend.
- Weekend in Statesville.
- Simon – Baseball
- Hannah – goes to Israel with L.U.
- Weather is horrid ALL month.
- I wrote. 31 Days of Praying Psalm 91 – not released yet but O! SO GOOD!
- Seder Meal with church family.
- Good Friday service at church.
- Hannah and roomie here for Easter weekend (Way too much fun!). Pictures not available.
First Q 2018 is a wrap. Enjoy the pictures and be sure to leave a comment to be entered into April’s give-away:
This week I’ll be linking up with:
- Inspire Me Monday
- Glimpses of His Beauty
- God Sized Dreams
- Jennifer Dukes Lee
- Tea and Word
- Seeking God
- Porch Stories
- Coffee for Your Heart
- Tune In Tuesday
- Heart Encouragement