I don’t think when someone is passionate about a thing that one should strive in doing it.
- to exert oneself vigorously; try hard: He strove to make himself understood.
- to make strenuous efforts toward any goal: to strive for success.
- to contend in opposition, battle, or any conflict; compete.
- to struggle vigorously, as in opposition or resistance: to strive against fate.
- to rival; vie.
What does it mean to have passion about something? According to Yahoo Ask! the best answer is:
“Feeling greatly connected to something. Passion is taking preference to something because you yourself enjoy whatever it is you feel passion for. It comes from your own mind and not the result of other peoples influences.”
I like that definition. The next questions to ask are:
- What do I feel greatly connected to?
- What do I prefer doing over anything else?
Now, it is time to ponder.
And, NOT strive. *
Not necessarily in that order!
He said, “That you love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and muscle and intelligence—and that you love your neighbor as well as you do yourself.” Luke 10.27 (The Message)
*(I have been and it’s time to STOP!)