As I write this it is dawn:thirty on November 30th. When this post drops in your in-box it will be dawn on December 1st. This is a big month for me.
On December 22nd I will complete my work career. I am officially retiring. My work history has been interesting to say the least.
In 1978 and after the birth of my third child I found myself a single mom who had to look for work outside the home for the first time in my life. I have worked ever since.
My jobs have varied.
- Traveling plant doctor for a nursery.
- A K-3 teacher.
- Customer service for a women’s magazine.
- Office manager for a property management company.
- Executive admin assistant for a big property management firm (Trump Plaza in West Palm Beach, FL.)
- Insurance claims clerk (I despised this job).
- Secretary in a real estate firm.
- Substitute school teacher.
- Admin Assistant for the Executive Director of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Checkout clerk at a grocery store (part-time while I ran our fly-fishing shop and online store).
- Executive assistant to the Pres/CEO of a medium-sized manufacturing company.
- Customer Service for the same man above but in a small manufacturing company.
I look back at all of these positions and consider myself blessed and highly favored – except for that one-year in insurance!!!
Retread Not Retired
I’m not sure what I will do with my reg’ler days. We will travel as much as possible. I have a couple of writing projects I’d like to pursue. I’m planning a small organic veggie garden for Spring 2022. My days will be “free” but not idle.
I do believe I will retire my WordPress blog site – upkeep is expensive and we won’t have a lot of disposable income. It is definite that I want to maintain communication with my readers and that can be done with another means.
Also, writing can be accomplished on social media – I can’t imagine not having words to write. So, we will see how it will all shake out.
Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision!
For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision. Joel 3.14
Making decisions has never been difficult for me – I figure the only bad decision is one not made. I’ve made some doozies in my 71 years but mostly I’ve made good ones. God’s mercy and grace covered the rest!
The one thing I do know is… I am not done yet. God isn’t finished with me because I’m still here, breathing, and my heart is beating! He and I will figure it out for sure. He has never left me hanging too long! The wait is the hard part but with unquestionable trust I will.
The Just Shall Live by Faith
2 I will stand my watch
And set myself on the rampart,
And watch to see what He will say to me,
And what I will answer when I am corrected.
The Just Live by Faith
2 Then the Lord answered me and said:
“Write the vision
And make it plain on tablets,
That he may run who reads it.
3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time;
But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it;
Because it will surely come,
It will not tarry. Habakuk 2.1-3