Every new year begins the same. New plans. New word. Resolutions. Diets. Commitments. Challenges. Hope. Change. Then, around mid-March you realize that ‘this’ year is looking more like last year than you had really wanted it to. So you have a little come to Jesus meeting with yourself and try to readjust!
Do you do that? Or am I the only one?
I’ve been reading posts from other bloggers:
20 Things I learned in 2014
My Year in Review
My OneWord 2015
They are all good and I wanted to do something in retrospect of 2014 but I wasn’t sure what. What I really wanted to do today is go to a stationery store and buy a new calendar and journal – look at all things paper! A compulsion of mine. Paper and fabric – oh, but that’s another topic altogether!!! THAT is kind of how my mind is today, every which way, yet my husband is downstairs with the 24-hour stomach bug from Hades and I don’t want to leave him in his misery, so here is what I’ve chosen to do!
My Favorite 2014 Posts and Ponderings from my Heart|Hope|Home to yours!
- My OneWord 2014 was HONOR. I began the year with Fill Me and Hearing or Heeding.
- How dog poo can bring reproof in Watch What You Drop.
- Needing more and showing more GRACE in 50 Shades of Grayce.
- All of us have a story in Who’s Writing Yours?
- What holds me / you back from doing things in How Long Kadesh?
- Learning that no matter what, always, all ways follow the Light in Lessons Learned from the Croods.
- Perfection and Pride, are they living in our house? In Twin Sisters.
- Is FEAR an issue? In ConFined by Fear.
- Dealing with life’s hard things in Those Things.
- One of several posts on GRIEF in Just Keep Living.
- A post for soul inventory in Sealing the Deal?
- Another on GRIEF in I’m Different Now.
- Claiming the Promises of God in Memorial Day.
- Something I struggled with in 2014, contentment…in Joy of the Lord and Weary.
- Having one of those awesome “light bulb” moments in For This.
- Oh yes, another on GRIEF in It’s Finally Over.
- Oh and yes, I am always needing a lesson in GRACE, in Practicing Grace.
- And, who isn’t in need of HOPE? In A Mistake Turned to Hope.
- Then, there’s my FAITH that is desperate to be built up in Flip Flops.
- FEAR raised its ugly head again in Scared.
- A great checklist for a new year in Back on Track.
- Encouragement is welcome any time of the year in The Power of Multiplication.
- Lots and lots of HOPE in the Write 31 Day challenge in 31 Days of Hope!
- And, finally, two ministries my husband and I love to store up treasure in heaven through, in How Beautiful are the Feet and Save the Daughters.
I am so grateful to my good, good Abba Father for placing a pen in my hands many years ago and how blessed I am when you take the time to read my words. Looking forward to another year of touching fingers to keyboard and seeing where the Lord takes us in 2015.