My first-ever annual round-up of favorite things; random things. Not in any particular order. But I do like the idea of counting backwards, so… (The Amazon links are affiliate links which means IF you purchase one of my favorite things? I get some cents – not sense – but cents!)
16. Aluminum Foil Gas Burner Bib Liners. I know, boring as all get-out BUT, we have a white gas range and cooktop that nothing will clean. I have tried every thing on the market and they remain grody. But, not anymore! Aluminum liners. Cheap fix. One can find anything on Amazon!
15. Dr. George’s Dental White I like white teeth and I cannot afford professional whitening. This is the next best thing. Thank you, Dr. George.
14. ZEP Industrial Cleaner & Degreaser The best-ever cleaner and degreaser. I knew when THIS didn’t clean those unsightly white burners mentioned above? Nothing would. This.stuff.is.that.good.
13. Microfiber Window Blind Glove If you own window blinds that cost too much to take down once a year and replace? You need this glove. Enough said.
12. Reusable k-cup pods Keurig’s are nice. K-cups are expensive. We learned that soon enough. We fill our own.
11. Grace Planners Branches Birds 2017 Inspirational Christian Daily Weekly Monthly Agenda Planner I’ve been using this planner (going on) three years. It’s perfect for my needs. Plus it has an awesome read-thru the Bible plan. I highly recommend this planner.
10. Faux Pencil (Christmas) Tree with Pinecones Because sometimes you just have to bless your far-away best friend!
9. Sliding Barn Door Hardware Kit Mid-year I suggested we turn our bedroom door into a sliding barn door. Hubs & I took a Saturday and installed. There’s only one bad word in the whole installation. Amen. Also, we gained square footage in our already small bedroom. Amen, again.
8. Secrets of Holly Hill My one and only sister finally finished her novel – it is a sweet story that can be read by girls of all ages!
7. Hopewell Essential Oils This is a homeschooling family who began a business years ago to support their homeschool conviction. They are wonderful to work with and their service is par excellence and their oils are awesome. They are not a multi-level company; but a family running a family business. (I get zero, zip, nothing for this testimonial.)
6. Bath Towels I love white bath towels and I had to say goodbye to four white spa towels purchased at Bed Bath & Beyond eight years ago when they finally began fraying and the weave began to rip – I was sad because I LOVED those towels. But, alas, I have found an excellent replacement for far less than half the price of the spa towels…at IKEA! The FRÄJEN white bath towel for $5.99. Love them and they already have a tab hook for hanging – all the towels in our wee bathroom hang on hooks. These do come in colors – but does anyone use anything but white bath towels? LOL. (Again, zero, zip, nothing for this testimonial.)
5. Skecher’s Go Walk 4 Walking Shoe On our road trip to Ohio in October I met Brenda and admired her shoes. She immediately told me they were the only shoes she ever wore and owned them in just about every color available. Skecher’s GO WALK’s. As soon as we got home I began researching these walkers. I am extremely flat-footed (as in NO arch at all) and I put the question out on Amazon reviews to see if these would work. I got a great response from my inquiry that they would. I went to Kohl’s and found a black pair on sale in my size and bought them. I have not taken them off since the day of purchase except to sleep. They are true-to-size too. Get a pair.
4. Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen (grass-fed) Kosher. I was told by my nutritionist I should be taking a Collagen product and she recommended this one. I take it as directed, once per day, and I have noticed, since May 28th, a significant improvement in joint health, hair growth, nail strength. Especially joint health. It is not expensive and it sure beats simmering a pot of bones for 72 hours. It works for me.
3. Teresa Tapp T-Tapp Workouts. Every morning, Mon-Fri, I T-tapp! Basic Workout Plus. Yes! You can! And, you can too. (Again, zero, zip, nothing for this testimonial.)
2. Husqvarna All-wheel Drive Lawn Mower We mow about one acre of grass twice a week all summer long. Our yard isn’t one of those nice level, suburban, manicured masterpieces. We have hills, rills, mole trails and it is hard mowing. This mower has saved our over-60 necks! And, the nicest part of all? Hubs thinks I can’t handle the pull – so he does all the mowing now. Amen. Selah. Praise the Name of our Merciful God. Buy one ladies for your hubs for Christmas – you may never mow again. (Again, I have no affiliation with Husqie – I wish I did, but I don’t!)
1. The very best thing of 16 things of 2016? I really did save the best for last. The Message Bible and my chronological read-through-the-bible-in-one-year reading plan. I adore The Message. Thank you, Eugene Peterson, for your obedience to that hugonomous task of translating The Word into one everyone on the planet can relate to. For the very first time in all my 60+ years I stuck to a plan and will read completely through the Bible…from Genesis to Revelation, before 2016 is over. And, the blessing is all mine. I could link The Message to an Amazon offer but honestly? You can find The Message on the shelves of thrift stores all across the world – I just know that every household needs one. Every book shelf is lacking if one isn’t on it. Do yourself a favor – start your 2017 with a copy and a good reading plan. You’ll be glad you did!
My early Christmas gift to you is a chronological Bible Reading Plan for 2017! Click on the image below and print the pdf on some heavy stock paper and be ready come January 1, 2017 for the adventure of a lifetime!