It’s that time in the month to look where I’ve been and what I’ve been doing. I enjoy this exercise very much. It keeps me accountable to myself, in a weird way. September was an interesting month. Up’s and Down’s and a few all-around’s but now that it’s “in the books” I can see it in black and white and overall it was a great month!
Loving: the change of Season. I know this post is about September but since I’m writing this today I’ll share with you that October is my favorite color.
Reading: the New Testament, magazines, and Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus, by Nabeel Qureshi.
Shopping for: I need some tops to wear with leggings. I need LONG tops to cover my fat booty.
Excited about: Selling our house. It’s on the market, for sale by owner.
Trying to: Choose JOY every.single.day. My daughter, aka my hero, makes it a verbal choice every morning to live with joy.
Working on: Write 31 Days. Using the Five Minute Friday word prompts, black and white photography, and writing a haiku poem. Great fun.
Enjoying: the cooler mornings – although I despise it being dark at 7 a.m.
Using: I put the Keurig away – actually, I gave it away and got out the GE coffee maker. Finally, a decent cup of coffee. Please put in the comments – WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF GROUND COFFEE?
Wearing: Leggings – good grief these things are the most comfortable item of clothing to have in the drawer. I need tops, warm, long tops.
Planning: Oh my word, you’re going to love this: a birthday trip to Bald Head Island off the coast of southern NC. My friend is a caretaker at a resort and has invited us to be the guests of the resort. Be still my heart. This island is accessible only by ferry and the only mode of transportation on the island? Golf carts. YES, LORD. I’ll give a report in November’s L.I.S.T.
Singing: I haven’t been singing. But, I DO sing at praise and worship at church – and, well, the music has been extraordinarily awesome this past month. I’m sure part of the reason being my grandson, Simon, now plays guitar on the praise team. Woo-hoo!
Needing: Tops for the leggings!
Learning: I knew this but it was confirmed on Labor Day weekend, cousins, our very first “friends” in life, are simply THE BEST. The eldest cousin’s daughter got married on September 2nd in Charleston SC, and three of us (cousins) met in Charleston, with our husbands for the big celebration. IT WAS MARVELOUS. We didn’t get that much time with the “elder” cousin since she was a bit preoccupied with the wedding, reception, etc., but we three couples had the best time. Our husbands all get along so well and we had a memorable, fun, good, and perfect weekend together. Hubs and I left there feeling blessed and “full.”
Listening to: Right now? My ears ringing. I sure wish there was a cure for Tinnitus. UGH.
Wishing for: I don’t actually “wish” because I PRAY…and I am praying for many people, things, illnesses, events. The list is long and I find myself being awake at night praying.
Doing: My daughter (GOD BLESS THIS WOMAN) has been helping me de-clutter and stage the house for ‘lookers’. We have thrown out, donated, so many things. It feels good – we feel lighter. Ready to move on.
Dreaming: Selling house. Buying new house. Travel trailer. Going places. Being skinny (just kidding, but I wanted to see if you were paying attention.) I’ll never be skinny again!
Hoping for: the return of prodigals. Favor.
DIY project: Just the house right now. MAIN FOCUS. I did do a little Fall decorating.
Not crazy about: The rampant evil in this world. The devil is a thief, liar, and murderer –
A few extra’s from my planner:
- I am grateful that all my loved ones came through IRMA unscathed. They prepared, didn’t panic and all of them are fine.
- We have a new pastor, Tim, and his vision is exciting, and, I love him and his beautiful wife, Theresa, and their five children.
- We traveled to Anderson SC to look at property, we took our daughter and grands with us. The property was disappointing but we stopped in Greenville and enjoyed an outdoor lunch on the sidewalk and a great walk-about in that beautiful downtown.
- We had TN girlfriend day and went on a road trip to White Pine TN to visit friends from church who have moved away. It was a beautiful day all-around.
- Hannah is doing very well in her third year at Liberty University – she is planning for, and hoping to go, to Rwanda with “L.U. Sends” on her Spring 2018 break.
- Simon is doing fabulously on the praise team at Grace Covenant Church in Statesville. We are very pleased and proud.
- My hubs has ended his employment and is going to learn how to be retired. Pray, okay?
- Our pastor for the last 15 years, Ron, has retired. He and his wife, Nancy, are going to be enjoying some travel time. These two are our dear, dear friends and we are so happy for them.
What’s on your L.I.S.T.? Please share at least 2 things!
Charleston & more! (we will never learn how to take a selfie!)
Handsome lad, Simon
Hannah and half of Simon!
This week I’ll be linking up with Inspire Me Monday, Tea and Word, Porch Stories, Messy Marriage, Coffee for Your Heart, Jennifer Dukes Lee, God-Sized Dreams, Tune In Thursday, Dance With Jesus, Fresh Market Friday, Glimpses of His Beauty, Heart Encouragement, Thought-Provoking Thursday, Counting My Blessings, Seeking God, Glimpses of His Beauty.