Kate said disagree.
Did you just hear the air release? From the can of worms? Yup, Kate has been feisty lately with some of these word prompts! But I certainly don’t disagree with the level of challenge she’s been presenting us each and every Thursday night. You see she gives the prompt about 9:45 p.m. Thursday night during a FMF Twitter party – many of the participants write immediately, some let it simmer overnight and hit the keyboard on Friday morning. Me? I’m a wake up Friday morning writer, opening my email and seeing the essay challenge for the first time. You can agree or disagree with my method, but it is one that works for me.
In A World of Disagreement
Whew! Have you ever? The name-calling, the mud-slinging vitriol. And, I am not innocent. I confess sin at least 55 times each day. We disagree on politics, on the way we write, on the way we work, the way we eat, run, walk, etc. etc. etc. I feel like the king in the wonderful musical The King and I – etcetera – etcetera – etcetera!
As Faith People
There are non-negotiables. The Bible is clear. It is black and white and red — NO gray areas. The following is a list of those, from here:
- The deity of Jesus Christ. (Jesus is God.)
- The virgin birth. (That Jesus was miraculously born of a virgin woman.)
- The complete atonement. (That the death and shed blood of the Lord Jesus paid for all sins, for all humanity, for all time – there is no more sacrifice necessary. The key now is for an individual to accept His sacrifice by faith and apply it to their sin debt.)
- The bodily resurrection. (Jesus literally was resurrected from the dead in bodily form – He wasn’t a ghost.)
- The inerrancy of Scripture. (The entire Bible was written by God and is without error.)
- The authority of Scripture. (That no other writing, teaching or decree of man or angel can be added to or on equal authority as the Bible.)
- The deity and personhood of the Holy Spirit. (He is a distinct personality and equally God – not just a “force.”)
- The return of Jesus. (It will be both physical and visible. By all biblical indicators, it will be soon.)
And, I will add a few:
- I believe in a young earth, approximately 7,000 years old and everything that is made was made in 7 days.
- I believe in the sanctity of LIFE. No gray areas.
- I believe marriage is a tie between one man and one woman. Period.
- I believe it is never right to do wrong.
- I believe in the Trinity of God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. The Great Three-In-One.
Agree / Disagree
I am strong in my convictions – I stand on them and defend them fully. Disagree? Then, we disagree.
I have the courage of these convictions.
Do you know what you believe and why?
Life: A Non-negotiable.