Y’all know the first thing I do on Friday morning, yes, even before coffee, is go to my hubs’ computer in the laundry room and punch in www.katemotaung.dot.com! I don’t read a thing except for that one word prompt! After that, I go back to the kitchen, get my coffee, go to my chair in the living room, write in my journal/daytimer the normal morning stuff and all the while I’m pondering the word. Today’s word immediately struck a chord and I was tickled pink because I was hoping I could incorporate our girl’s graduation into the topic – God is faithful like that – it works beyond perfectly! I have a lot to say about this word….oh I forgot to tell you, today’s prompt is …
click, click, click…five minutes on the dial timer…
I loathe fear and I’ll tell you why. Number 1 it is from the very pit of hell. Number 2 I’ve been struck hard with it and paralyzed by it. I despise fear. See that girl in the photo? She’s our Hannah girl, she (and her cousin, Simon) have my very heart – I love them both to the moon, infinity and beyond! Hannah’s mom lives in fear – it dictates every step she takes, I hate it for her and I have tried over and over, sometimes successfully, to push her to step out of fear and do something brave.
Hannah began coming to our home in NC every single summer when she was five years old. Now, even at five, I began to see the fear factor raising its ugly head and my spirit rose up within me and said, “NO DEVIL, this girl is NOT GOING TO BE AFRAID.”
We began the practice of DOING IT AFRAID (thank you, Joyce Meyer!)! And afraid, we…
- went on a boat and jumped off into the lake
- repelled a stationary fabricated rock wall
- drove Grandpa’s old Chevy pickup truck up and down our dirt road, avoiding the creek when doing the hard turn at the end of the holler!
- went to day camp while I worked
- rode a horse
- hiked to the top of the mountain
- slept with the windows open
- stayed upstairs all night with us downstairs in our room
- cooked an entire meal by herself
- went to a bonfire without me
- entering the 11th grade she moved to NC to finish school (lonnnng story but one with a very happy ending!)
(time’s up but I’m going to finish this!)
Every time the fear bug began to invade, we would sing – to this day it is our mantra.
Be bold – be strong…FOR THE LORD YOUR GOD GOES WITH YOU!
Today, at 18-1/2, a high school graduate, headed to college, our girl is BRAVE.
She is my BRAVEHEART – she walks with #NOFEAR.