Maybe because we are at the end of two political conventions – or maybe it is because we are dealing with some pretty big stuff in our family right now, but I am here to proclaim that I am drawing a line in the sand. Right here; right now.
There are things that are right and there are things that are wrong. I am NOT passing judgement nor am I judging any person who reads this. My past has enough junk in it to be found “guilty as charged” but due to the grace and mercy of the Lord Jesus Christ I am walking in forgiveness and newness of life.
I want to go on record as saying:
- I believe every baby conceived has a right to be born.
- I believe marriage is the union of ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN.
- I believe sex should be saved for marriage.
- I believe people should work and earn money and not live off of or depend on the government to support them.
- I believe in a welfare system that does not support laziness.
- I believe if you do receive welfare, you should be randomly drug-tested.
- I believe if you promise something, do it.
- I believe it is never wrong to do right.
- I do not believe Social Security benefits paid to those who have paid in all their lives is entitlement.
- I believe government has no place in telling people what they can or cannot eat.
- I believe that regardless of one’s work, whether president or street sweeper, one should do it with integrity and excellence.
- I believe that the Bible, the Word of God, is the inerrant written word of the Lord.
- My political views in a nutshell: itty-bitty government, fair tax, deport ILLEGAL immigrants, capitalism, and PRIVATE healthcare.
- I am a Creationist: 6 days, 6,000 years ago.
- I believe that God still speaks to His kids: through His written Word, dreams, visions, words of knowledge.
- I believe that EVERY gift spoken of in the Word of God is for TODAY: EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.
- I believe that the promises of God are YES & AMEN!
- And, lastly, I believe that God offers eternal life through His Son, Jesus Christ as outlined in John 3.16