My blogging friend, Amanda Simkin, blogs over at Queen of the Land of Twigs ‘n’ Berries – she is a Mommy blogger in Chicago and her posts are always informative and entertaining. She posted ten recipes (here) a few weeks ago using one of my faves, rotisserie chicken – one of the recipes has already been prepared twice in this North Carolina kitchen. I think you would enjoy it too so I’m sharing on Tasty Tuesday!
Amanda’s Easy Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups of already-cooked rice (I use brown)
- 2 eggs, scrambled very, very thinly (I use a huge skillet and spread the whisked eggs very thin)
- 1 cup of frozen peas or carrots (or any veggie your crew eats – yesterday I did finely-cubed carrot and finely-chopped cabbage)
- 3 T soy sauce (I used Bragg’s Liquid Aminos)
- Sesame oil (in the pan for the scrambling of eggs and I mix it in with the dry rice before adding water in the rice steamer)
- Chopped scallions for garnish
Here’s what I do:
- Steam the rice
- Scramble the eggs
- Saute the cabbage or any other fresh veggie that needs a little pre-cooking and I use sesame oil to keep the flavor consistent.
- Add the rice, the eggs, the chicken, the veggies, the liquid and saute together in a wok or large high-sided skillet.
- Garnish with the chopped green onions and serve!
- If you’re blessed, hubs brings home egg rolls from your favorite Thai restaurant to eat with this simply delicious meal!