Our weather is still a bit chilly – and comfort food is the order of the day! This recipe was tried, tested, and found to be delicious!
- One – 10 oz cream of broccoli soup (or mushroom), (Progresso makes a creamy mushroom soup that is gluten-free).
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 2 T milk
- 1-1/4 cups any shredded cheese
- 1/2 tsp sugar (I never add sugar!)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- dash of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups steamed broccoli (I use fresh but I’m sure you can use frozen)
- 1-1/2 cups cooked quinoa (cook according to package)
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and “grease” a shallow 5-6 cups casserole dish (I use coconut oil to coat the dish.)
In a large bowl combine the soup, mayo, milk, shredded cheese, (sugar), pepper and nutmeg until well mixed. Stir in broccoli and quinoa. Spoon mixture into prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle on a couple tablespoons Parmesan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly on the edges and golden. Makes 8 generous 1/2 cup servings.
This could easily be doubled or tripled for big families!