A Bible Review
This is my second Bible review and it feels a tad more comfortable than the first one.
The new Zondervan Life Application Study Bible was furnished to me by Bible Gateway, free of charge, in exchange for a fair review.
My First Thoughts
This is a hefty, beautiful book. The leather cover is rich and well bound. In my opinion, it feels like a man’s Bible. Perhaps because it is brown and big. I wear reading glasses and find the print just perfect. The pages are smooth and creamy. Two ribbon bookmarkers, one for the OT and one for the NT.
A Bible For All Times
This third edition of the Life Application Study Bible has everything you can possibly ask for in a Bible.
- In-depth book introductions and overviews for each book of the Bible
- Presentation page perfect for gift giving
- Available in both black and red letter editions
Profiles | Maps | Charts | & More!
- Over 100 Life Application® Bible character profiles
- More than 500 maps & charts
- Refreshed design with a second color for visual clarity (red for NIV, green for NLT)
Notes | Cross-references | Good Font Size | Single Column Text
- More than 10,000 Life Application® notes
- Side-column cross-references
- 8.5 font size
- Single-column text
So Much More
- Index to notes, charts, maps, and profiles
- 16 pages of full-color maps
- Christian Worker’s Resource- a special supplement to enhance the reader’s ministry effectiveness
- Ribbon marker
- Durable Smyth-sewn binding, lays flat when open
- Full text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV)
- Full text of the New Living Translation (NLT), combining the latest biblical scholarship with clear, natural English
I usually donate the books and Bibles I review but I just may keep this one on my desk – it is everything and more I want in a Study Bible.